Committed to Zero
Everyone at J. Becher & Associates is committed to safety! As proof, we just achieved 425 consecutive days of ZERO lost time… In the construction industry, this is a milestone to be celebrated! We rewarded our team for their safe work and handed out gift cards as a thank you. We’ve always practiced safe work and followed strict safety standards; however, two years ago we launched a more formal safety program Committed to Zero© Incidents & Injuries that communicates safety protocol and provides tools, information, and training to ensure safe work practices throughout the company and at every jobsite.
Making Safety a Priority
Committed to Zero© is a company-wide safety initiative that focuses on a committment to zero incidents, accidents, and lost time. It focuses on personal responsibility, accountability, and being aware of work surroundings. The program utilizes resources and training materials provided by MN OSHA, National Electrical Contractors Association (NECA), and our insurance provider. The cooperation and commitment of our safety director, management and employees in observance of this policy and our safe work practices will provide safe working conditions and reduce work related accidents and incidents.
Yours. Theirs. Ours
J. Becher & Assoc. takes your safety, the safety of the systems we install and the safety of our electricians and technicians very seriously. Our in-house Safety Director coordinates our safety program and participates in programs sponsored by MN OSHA, National Electrical Contractors Association (NECA), and our insurance provider.
We are committed to providing a safe workplace for employees and everyone involved on a job site. This includes managing our safety program and work practices, continuously educating employees on safety, and providing the necessary tools and equipment to safely perform our work while reducing recognized hazards.
Key Safety Program Elements include:
- Written Safety Program
- AWAIR-Hazcom Program
- Lock-out/ Tag-out Program
- Weekly “Tool Box Talks
- Monthly Foreman Training
- Jobsite Hazard Analysis
- Job Site Audits
- Annual Company Wide “Safety Event”
- Random Inspections by Safety Auditor
Safety Incentive Program:
- Goal: Heighten employee overall safety awareness while reducing the chance of injuries/accidents at the workplace and also at home
- Purpose: Add an element of fun to our safety program and reward our team for working safely 365 days a year
- Reward: Achieve 365 consecutive days with no lost time, each employee receives a gift certificate (up to $120)
- Definition of Lost Time: “an injury or incident that results in an employee missing time away from work”
- Who is Involved: Everyone at J. Becher & Associates is involved. From office employees to electricians and low voltage technicians in the field practice safe methods and are eligible for this incentive program