Celebrating 3 Years of No Lost Time
We have officially completed 3 years with no lost time!
J. Becher has reached another HUGE milestone – 3 Years of No Lost Time! That’s 1,098 consecutive days of ZERO lost time….in the construction industry, this is a milestone to be celebrated. Our commitment to safety over the years has always been very important to all of us, but especially this year, as this accomplishment is only seen by 1-2% of companies in our industry. Lost time occurs when an employee is injured while carrying out a work-related task for their employer and is unable to return to work within a three-day time frame.
We reward our team each year with $120 gift cards to Target, Cabela’s, Holiday, and Amazon as a small token of appreciation to our incredible employees. We’ve always practiced safe work and followed strict safety standards; however, four years ago we launched a more formal safety program Committed to Zero© Incidents & Injuries that communicates safety protocol and provides tools, information, and training to ensure safe work practices throughout the company and at every job site.
Committed to Zero Incidents & Injuries
We take safety at J. Becher very seriously – your safety, the safety of the systems we install, and the safety of our electricians and technicians. Our in-house Safety Director coordinates our safety program and participates in programs sponsored by MN OSHA, National Electrical Contractors Association (NECA), and our insurance provider.
Committed to Zero © is our formal safety program, a company-wide safety initiative that focuses on a commitment to zero incidents, accidents, and lost time. It communicates expectations and provides tools, information, and training to ensure safe work methods and focuses on personal responsibility, accountability, and being aware of work surroundings and expectations. The program utilizes resources and training materials provided by NECA and our insurance provider.
We are committed to providing a safe workplace for employees and everyone involved on a job site. This includes managing our safety program and work practices, continuously educating employees on safety, and providing the necessary tools and equipment to safely perform our work while reducing recognized hazards.
How we reached this landmark:
- We perform safe work practices
- Actively participate in a light-duty, return to work program
- Report Near Misses & Incidents
- Perform Accident Investigations
- Complete Weekly Toolbox Talks & Safety Training
- Conduct Monthly Safety Committee Meetings & Job Site Inspections
- Most importantly, we could not do it without our dedicated employees!
Safety Incentive Program:
- Goal: Heighten employee overall safety awareness while reducing the chance of injuries/accidents at the workplace and also at home
- Purpose: Add an element of fun to our safety program and reward our team for working safely 365 days a year
- Reward: Achieve 365 consecutive days with no lost time, each employee receives a gift certificate (up to $120)
- Definition of Lost Time: “an injury or incident that results in an employee missing time away from work”
- Who is Involved: Everyone at J. Becher & Associates is involved. From office employees to electricians and low voltage technicians in the field practice safe methods and are eligible for this incentive program
Thank You J. Becher Employees!